Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July 10, 2007

Today is the 2nd day of the CIMAS program. Unlike yesterday, which was a getting-aquainted day, today was much more work-oriented. I woke up at around 7 AM and went to breakfast at around 7:30. After breakfast, there was a math session dealing with statistics from 8:30-10:00. We all received a pack of M&M's and we enjoyed them very much. I was extremely tired due to the fact that I had partaken in a strenuous soccer game yesterday and that I barely got any sleep the past night. The reason I barely got enough sleep was because my dorm room was extremely cold at night and I only had a flimsy blanket to protect myself from the bitter cold. I had curled up in a tight little ball with my blanket over my head, shivering as I tried to conserve body heat. Anyway, after the statistics class, I went to lunch and had to compete with football and volleyball players for food. After lunch I had a chemistry session from 1-4 PM. The chemistry session got off to a rather slow start; we examined hair samples from 3 different people for about an hour. Afterwards, it got much more interesting. We examined and analyzed fingerprints and blood samples of different people, and I learned many facts that I had not known before. I am enjoying my time at CIMAS and I am happy with the friends I have made and the progress I am making.

No comments: